Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Gluten Free Birthday Bars

So one of my favorite people in Jacksonville had a birthday this week and didn't tell me so I missed it. But I decided to make a treat to make up for me missing it. The recipe is from the Chocolate Covered Katie blog that I follow. It is super simple and only requires 3 ingredients. I used my food processor and my Calphalon square baker pan as a mold. These are raw, so they don't require any baking.

All you need is 1/2 cup of raw cashews and 1 1/2 cups of dates. Put them in the food processor with 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla and process until sticky. I added just a splash of water to mine. I then lined the pan with birthday baking papers for easy clean up and scooped in the mixture. I wanted them to come out square, so I used the pan for a shape but you could free form them and wrap in cellophane. I refrigerated them overnight before moving them out of the pan. Super yummy and quick and easy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment