Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Pear Crisp

A super easy but delicious dessert. I was at Vive La Verde this week picking up some produce and the owner gave me 4 pears on my way out the store. He was a little perplexed when I told him I like my pears crunchy, but thought that they were perfect for baking (he is a raw vegan). Perfect for baking they were. I just peeled and sliced them and placed them in the bottom of a loaf pan. Poured a small amount of brown sugar over them. For the topping I used:
 2 tablespoons of Earth Balance Spread
1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of Oats
I melted the spread in the microwave and then placed all the ingredients in a bowl to mix it together and poured it on top of the pears. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment