Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Finding Inspiration in unexpected places

This post is not about food, it is about something I love as much as food. Duct Tape. It comes in so many different colors and patterns. It is easy to work with and makes a great gifts :) So on my bike ride today I came across a mail flat in the road. I am not sure how it got there, but there it was. So I stopped and decided to bring it home, which was no small feat since I was about 2 miles from home.





When I got home I decided to pick some of the tangelos that were growing in the back yard. I was considering painting the flat to get the US Postal Service off of it, then I thought about covering it with duct tape. Then the real inspiration hit and I decided to make a smaller version of it out of duct tape.




I wasn't sure how to go about it, I decided to use Zebra for the bottom and blue for the sides. I think it came out super cute, and it will make a great Christmas present for my best friend who also has a love of duct tape. Good thing she is coming over tonight to exchange gifts, since I am not sure how long I could keep something this cute from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment