Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day


My friend Casey and I had our monthly craft night with her 4 year old son Hogan. Since it was close to Valentines we couldn't help but make a these awesome chocolate peanut butter hearts. They were super easy and as you can see kid approved.


 
Here is what you need:
 
 
Vegan Chocolate Chips
 
Vegetable Shortening

All natural peanut butter
 
 
I know what you are thinking and that is it. I didn't give amounts cause that all depends on how many you want to make. Start out with a bag of chips, a jar of peanut butter and 1 tbs of shortening and go from there. I buy my chips at Costco, cause they rock! but the bag is much bigger, so it is impossible to know how much I used since I didn't measure. Pour off the oil on the peanut butter and let it sit for a day out side of the refrigerator, pour off any excess oil that may be in the peanut butter after letting it rest for a day. Melt half of the chocolate chips with half of the shortening, this just makes the chocolate easier to spread, and pour into muffin papers or a pliable mold. I used a silicone cupcake mold to make mine. Place papers or mold on a baking sheet prior to starting. Pour enough chocolate in each of the papers or mold you are using to cover the bottom. Place in freezer for about 10-15 minutes. Remove from freezer and add the peanut butter layer. Place back in freezer about 10 more minutes before pouring the next chocolate layer, this will give your peanut butter a chance to set up. Melt the rest of the chips with the last of the shortening and pour over the tops. Return tray to freezer for about 10-15 minutes. Enjoy. Store left overs in refrigerator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment