Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Avocado Potato Salad

This is so fantastic. I love avocados. This recipe is inspired by Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Creamy Avocado Potato Salad from her book Vegan Brunch. As soon as I saw avocado I knew I would be making this. I went to the local flea market to get avocados this morning. I am having lunch at a friend's house this afternoon and can't wait to take this to have them try it. I didn't have all of the ingredients so I improvised a little. Here is what I used:
2 lbs of potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch chunks
2 avocados
2 tbs lime juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c. chopped red pepper
2 green onions, diced
1 small cucumber, diced
1 ear of cooked corn, cut off ear

Boil the potatoes until tender. Drain and let cool. In a food processor add the avocado flesh, lime juice and salt. Purée, scraping down the sides as needed. Dice the pepper, green onion and cucumber. Mix all the ingredients together and chill. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment