Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pioneer Day Vegan Quiche

This is egg free but oh so tasty. This is an easy clean out your fridge recipe. The one I made for the breakfast this morning had spinach, tofu, orange bell peppers, onion, garlic, tomatoes and mushrooms. It was awesome and went kind of fast. Like I totally wanted there to be some left to bring home, but no such luck. So I decided to make another one. This time I used some daiya shreds and Tempeh smoky maple bacon in addition to the onion, spinach, garlic, tofu and red bell pepper. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Here is what you do. Sauté the veggies, garlic, and tempeh in a little oil (I used grapeseed oil). Crumble in the tofu and add the cheese. Mix it all together to combine. Bake the pie shell ( I buy the organic ones that are also vegan ) for 10 minutes. Add filling and bake another 30 minutes. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment