Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Vegan Monster Cookies

I used to make these all the time before I went vegan. I will warn you they are not the healthiest treat you could choose. Traditional Monster Cookies call for M&M's. If there is a non-dairy equivalent I haven't found it yet. So I used some of the white chocolate chips I got in this months swap. I also added in some Craisins for additional yumminess. Here is what you need.
INGREDIENTS:

3 bananas
3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 12-ounce jar peanut butter
1 stick Earth Balance, softened (these are half sticks)
1 stick Earth Balance Shortening, softened (these are half sticks)
1/2 cup vegan white chocolate chips
1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup dried cranberries
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant!

DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.

In a very large mixing bowl, combine the bananas and sugars.


Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate candies, chocolate chips, raisins, baking soda, and oatmeal. Drop enough dough to make a huge cookie. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. I use a jelly roll pan and it holds 6 cookies. They aren't called Monster cookies for nothing. Bake 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment