Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Queso Nachos

I realize that I am a week late on posting this, but I have been working 10 hours days this week and using most of my spare time playing with duct tape. These were really good though so I figured I would post the queso sauce recipe, as far as the nachos go, any tortilla chip will do as a good base. I marinated some tofu in taco seasoning water, and then sauted it with onions, I also added in some cooked wild rice and black beans. I made the "sour cream" by using a the juice of one lime 1/2 pkg silen tofu and a little salt add all the ingredients to a food processor or mix with a hand mixer, if you don't have one until smooth. So I put the tofu, rice and bean muxture on top of the chips, along with some homemade guacamole, diced tomatoes, sliced olives, sour cream and added the queso sauce. Here is what you need to make the queso:

1c. Non-Dairy Milk
1/3 c. Nutritional Yeast Flakes
2 Tbs whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt

Whisk together all of the ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over med heat, stirring often until thick. Serve immediately. Serves 4 You can add Rotel to make a mexican queso sauce.

This recipe comes from one of my favorite books The Happy Herbivore. It is an awesome book full of color pictures for almost every recipe, which if you know me I LOVE THAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment