Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Change is a good thing!


As most of you know there has been a lot of change to my life recently, and to help with what can be a somewhat stressful situation, I have adopted a new motto. Change is a good thing!

I have realized that change gives you the opportunity to reach for your dreams. It is always hard when something ends that was a major part of your life, the trick is to take it as an experience and learn from it. To have it be a part of what shapes you and not the only thing that defines you. To each story there is both the dark night and the silver lining. I would like to encourage you, and myself to look for the glitter; trust me you will be happy you did. After all what girl doesn't like a little glitter? Or in my case a lot of glitter!

I am excited at the opportunity I have been given to try something new, but I would be lying if I were to tell you that it isn’t scary. Scary can be good though. Think about the first rollercoaster you ever went on. For me, the line was super long. I think it may have taken 30-45 minutes to reach the part where you are put in the seat. Next comes the lap bar, and I remember being amazed that something so small was all that would be holding me in. Once the ride starts, slow and creeping at first gradually gaining speed until you reach the top and then you are slung back into your seat with so much force you begin to wonder if the lap bar is even necessary. You feel so pasted to the seat you aren’t sure you could move even if you wanted to. There may be some dips and turns, but before you know it you are crawling again and there is the realization that the ride is almost over. For me I couldn’t wait to get back in the line and start it all over again. Thinking back on this experience, and realizing how trying something new turned out so well makes me question: why the heck I waited so long to get started?

The answer is simple, complacency. I got complacent. I wasn’t happy, but I convinced myself that I was happy enough. What does that even mean? Why is it that I let fear rule my life? I know it might sound crazy to say that I am grateful I lost my job. But the last few weeks have really given me a chance to get to know myself again, and to make a commitment to chase my dreams. I started this blog to share my journey into a plant based diet and I didn’t even realize that at the same time I was expressing my love of writing. I have not been overly regular in blogging, or formatting my writing for that matter, but I want to make that commitment to be more dedicated to the blog and to my writing. I hope you will join me and remember that all that glitters may not be gold, but it can still be pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment