Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tortilla Soup

So yesterday I bought a Blendtec. The heavens opened the stars all aligned. It was magical. This morning I made a smoothie for breakfast and realized I didn't have anything for lunch, so I decided to make some soup. This was amazing. It was like vegan nacho cheese sauce with black beans and tortillas. Here is what you need.
Blendtec blender
2 Roma tomatoes
1/2 large carrot, I used 1 small carrot
1" slice red bell pepper
1/4 avacado
2 Tbs onion
1 oz vegan cheese, I used Mozzerella Daiya shreds
1 tsp taco seasoning
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp garlic powder
2 c. Warm water

Place in Blendtec in the order listed, place the lid on and push the soup button. 90 seconds later you have a creamy soup. I added one can of rinsed and drained black beans. Add tortilla chips before serving. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment