Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Peanut Butter Pie

So I did not have the greatest day at work today. Lunch was awesome, but that is where it ended. After lunch we had a staff meeting and after the staff meeting I got broadsided. Apparently someone wants me gone bad. How they found the time is beyond me, but apparently everything I did while covering for someone a few weeks ago was put under a microscope and analyzed. Then I was presented with the evidence of my poor performance.. Needless to say some retail therapy was in store followed by some sweets. I couldn't spend much since I may soon be unemployed. Too bad I didn't know this before I spent a ton of money yesterday. Anyhow pie. This was awesome. I made the crust in my food processor and the filling in the Blendtec. This recipe is adapted from the Chocolate Covered Katie website.

Crust:
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
1/16 tsp salt
scant 1/2 cup pitted dates
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend. Then transfer to a 7-in baking dish.or aluminum pan (as shown above). Using a piece of wax or parchment paper, smush into the pan.

For the filling:

1 cup peanut butter
3 medium bananas
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
3-4 tbsp sugar, or liquid sweetener

Place all ingredients in Blendtec. I used the sauces, dips, dressings, batter button. Pour on top of crust and freeze. Let thaw slightly before serving. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is like the vegan version of the one I made a few weeks ago – great minds think alike :)

    ReplyDelete