Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

All before 1pm - Juice Fast - Day Three

I slept in this morning. I woke up at 10 am :) It has been a while since I have been able to do that and my 5:30 am wake-up calls have been taking their toll on me. So after getting up, I went to the bank to get some cash. Then I went to the Library to return some books and get even more. I took seven books back, but managed to come out with 18. Then off to the flea market for some produce.

Since the juice fast will last until Saturday next week I only got stuff I can juice. I was hard to pass up the beautiful bananas and avacados, but they won't juice so I left them there. Here is what I got:




Total spent - $20





2 Cantaloupes - $3 5 Limes - $1 2 Cucumbers - $1 2 Granny Smith Apples - $1 13 Kiwis - $4 4 Tomatoes - $2 7 Plums - $2 5 Peaches - $2 2 bunches of beets - $4

Ok and so for the first juice of the day, yes I left the house without juicing. I made a Watermelon, Plum, Lime and Kiwi Juice. I used a entire lime and it was too much, next time I will do half, so I also added a beet to make it less limey. It worked and the result was a really pretty scarlett juice. Still a little heavy on the lime, but I will deal with that. The pictures were taken before I added the beet.

A few hours later - For Dinner I was going to make a recipe my Mom e-mailed me called Scarlett Beauty Juice. But I read that too much beet juice can make you sick and since I added that to brunch, I am going to have to come up with something else now. Hmmm how about a Kiwi blueberry. Pretty simple 3 kiwis and 3 cups of blueberries. enjoy.

10 minutes later - ok sctach that. It is HOT outside and in 10 minutes I only had a cup of blueberries. New recipe

1 cup blueberries
2 pears
1 granny smith apple
2 kiwis
1 plum
1 peach

The juice was so pretty in the mixing cup before I poured it into the storage container to take with me to church tonight. I took a picture before I poured it for you to see, but didn't realize that the memory card wasn't in my camera and I don't have a cable to get it off the camera. So no pictures for you tonight. Sorry, next time I will be more careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment