Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Really that's it? Juice Fast - Day Two

Ok so I won't lie to you today was way harder than yesterday. I almost quit like 6 times. I am still hanging in there with the exception of a handful of Kale Chips, no worries recipe to follow. I think that I have had indegestion since 10 am. This has made it hard to stay positive. Especially when the girls at work were supportive of me stopping. Thankfully my parents told me to tough it out.

I weighed myself before starting on Wed night and then again last night before bed and the scale (Wii Fit) said I had lost 1.8 pounds in one day, so that is encouraging. My sister reccomended Zantac for the indigestion, so I am going to have to get some of that. I think I need you guys to pray for me. I know that this is something that I want. I just need to be reminded of that occasionally so thanks for being supportive even if all you do is read the blog and never comment on it.

Ok so for breakfast I did Watermelon Juice again but this time I added a whole cucumber and a handful of blueberries. Maybe a little cucumber wouldn't have been bad but I used an entire massive cucumber, which was like 2 cups of the 1/2 gallon and it was just too over powering.

I made liquid salad for lunch. I think that this may have been the source of my indegestion, not sure really. I used an entire bag of spring mix, a huge cucumber, 2 carrots, 1 small onion, a tomato and a stalk of celery. It was good but way too much onion. Maybe next time I will use 1/8 of a small onion or even leave it out entirely.

So even now my stomach is still really upset. I made some Pear Apple juice and added it to the leftover watermelon cucumber from this morning. I wish I hadn't. It was really good and eventhough there wasn't that much of the cucumber melon juice left, I still tasted the cucumber.

Ok so for the Kale Chips.

Ingredients:
1 bunch of kale washed, cut into bite sized pieces and dried.
olive oil
salt and pepper.

mix the kale, oil, salt and pepper together on a cookie sheet lined with parchment.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. I didn't think this was enough time. So I toook them out at the ten minute mark and then decided to put them back in, but I had already turned off the oven, so I left them in the oven with it turned off for the rest of the night and then this morning I put them into a bag. I think all in all, I just don't like kale. Horrible to admit, and hopefully I will find a way that I do like it, since it is one of the best sources of iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment