Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A New Horizon

So starting tomorrow I am changing my life. I am trying to think of it as a change in diet instead of a diet. I have determined that I no longer need to be a meat eater. I have been considering this change for the last 6 months, but didn't have the motivation to take the leap until recently.

I am a little amazed at the reactions that I have recieved from friends and family members. Some have been helpful and postitive, while others think I am completely crazy and that it won't last.

The fact of the matter is that there are several diseases in my family history, the scariest for me are: Diabetes and Hypertension. I know without a doubt that without a change I too will be added to the list of family members to live with these diseases and have decided to cut it off at the pass. The number one question that I have been asked when I tell people that I am going to make a life change in diet, is why. There are 3 main things that have happened in the last 2 weeks that have solidified a thought that I have been knocking around in my head for the past couple of months.

1. My Dad was diagnosed Diabetic
2. I was in the library and came across a book called Veganist, since reading the book I have been amazed that I no longer want those items.
3. I saw a documentary called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead"

So taking into account all three of these things I am going to start with a 10 day juice fast. I am going to use the recipes from the "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" website and have signed up for a reboot account. Once I complete the juice fast I will start eating a vegan diet.

I have decided to blog about it to help me as well as friends and family members to process the change and stay motivated. Today I would say that my motivation levels are at a 10, lets hope I can keep it there.

Yesterday I stopped in and visited with my old Seminary teacher and good friend Cindi Trunk, she made the change to a raw vegan diet several years ago. I have looked up to her for many years and so it will come as no surprise that when I decided to make a change in diet that I chose to seek her advice and help. She is an inspiration to me in many ways and I can honestly say I will be getting some of my foods from her company Viva La Verde!

I don't want to say that I am going to update this daily, but I will get to it as I can and try to add in as many recipes as possible for anyone interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment