Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pioneer Day Pasta Salad

I am going to a Pioneer day celebration at the church tonight. I signed up a few weeks ago to make Pasta Salad. So here is my creation. I didn't have a recipe, so I just went with my gut and used what I had on hand. Of course I didn't have enough of the mini bow tie pasta, so I used some elbow noodles as well. All of the pasta is egg free.

Ingredients:1 lb Pasta, any shape
3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1/2 lb broccoli florets
1 can of small pitted black olives, cut in half

Heat water until boiling, add pasta. I used elbow and mini bow tie. Since the elbow needed more cook time I added them first. 2 minutes later I added the bow ties. 2 minutes after that I added the carrots. 2 minutes later I added the broccoli for a total cook time of 9 minutes. Place in a bowl with chopped olives and mix with dressing.

Dressing:
Fresh basil
Extra virgin Olive oil
juice of 1/2 lemon
balsamic vinegar

Place all ingredients and mix until smooth, Pour over the pasta and refridgerate. Serve chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment