Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dumplings!

OK so I have German Ancestors. Which means I grew up eating a lot of dumplings, or Rivels as my granny would call them, no I agree they are not the same. Dumplings are bigger and cook longer. Rivels are super cheap and easy to make. They are just 4 simple ingredients flour, egg, salt and pepper. However since I am not eating eggs it has been 4 weeks since I have had the ingredients on hand to throw together this super quick meal. I used to eat rivels about twice a week. This will definately be a meal that I will make again because it was fantastic.
Stew:

1 Not Chikin boullion cube
2 carrots diced
2 stalks of celery diced
1/2 onion, chopped
6-8 cups of water

Place all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a rolling boil.

Dumplings Ingredients:

2 c. flour
1tbs baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
3/4 c. plus 2 tbs non-dairy milk, plain
2tbs canola oil

Mix together the dry ingredients and then add to them the wet ingredients, stir enough to form a dough. Drop into the stew mixture by spoonfuls. Cover pot and turn heat to simmer cook 15 minutes. Serve over Mashed Potatoes or my new favorite Carrot Mashed Potatoes click here for the recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment