Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hump day

Today I was totally craving a grilled cheese sandwich. So I thought, no problem they make vegan slices and I have bread in the freezer and I bought earth balance (vegan butter) last night. So I decided to go to Native Sun on my way home from work. I had a box of Kosher Mushroom Barley soup in the Pantry so I thought no brainer, soup and grilled cheese for dinner. The soup last night was waaaay better and since this was a box, there is no recipe to post. The grilled cheese was pretty good. I caught myself thinking I could get used to this. After dinner I made some chocolate mousse. I adapted a recipe from the Joy of Vegan Baking I couldn't get a good picture of it here is the best I could do. It was pretty good, but my chocolate wasn't all the way melted, so there are bits of chocolate in it. I think that it would have been better smoother. Original recipe:
1c. non dairy semi sweet chocolate chips
12 ounces Silken Tofu
1/2 c. nondairy milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract I didn't have the reccomended chocolate I only had baking chocolate, which I learned is not sweet at all. So I used:

1oz bakers chocolate
12 ounces silken organic tofu
1/2 chocolate almond milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Place all ingredients into a food processor and mix until smooth, stopping to scrape the sides down a few times. Refridgerate one hour and serve. It was very good, but not very sweet. Which is my fault I know. I should have used the reccomended chocolate, but hey there is always next time and trust me there will be a next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment