Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Not Chick'n Noodle Soup


So my best friend decided to let me cook her dinner last night. I know that she loves Mashed Potatoes and they are very easy to Veganize, but what to serve with them without an overload of carbs can be difficult. I usually make dumplings, but I had those last week and they were good, but I wasn't quite ready for them again, so I decided to try the recipe on the back of my bouillon that I bought a few weeks ago, well kind of. I used to be famous for my Chicken Noodle Soup, so this was the vegan version of it and I must say it was fabulous. Here is what you need:

2-3 carrots, sliced
2-3 stalks of celerey, chopped
1/2 large onion, chopped
2 Not Chick'n boullion cubes
10 oz Wide Egg Free Noodles
2 tbs olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced

Get the garlic and the olive oil heated in a pan, mix in the other veggies and saute for about 10 minutes. Add the bouillon and if cooking potatoes, for mashed potatoes, add a little of the potato water, this gives the broth an natural thickener. Stir in 4-6 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook according to package directions. Once noodles are done let the soup sit for a few minutes off the heat. This will give the noodles a chance to soak up some of the liquid. Serve over Mashed Potatoes, or add extra liquid if needed and eat as a soup. enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment